1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Redskins Hiring Fassel!?!?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

So apparently the Redskins make Gregg Williams interview FOUR times, and in the end they're going to hire Jim Fassel as their head coach on Thursday. Some guy named Zorn will be the new offensive coordinator, and Rex Ryan, who was fired by the Ravens but who's rights were somehow kept by the team anyway, will run the defense next year. Of course, to get Ryan the Skins will have to hand over a draft pick.

Tonight, if you took a poll, Tom Landry would be a more popular figure in DC than Dan Snyder. FACT.

2. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I guess we now know how much Gibbs really taught Snyder.

Name me a more inept organization in major professional sports. You'll be looking for a long time.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Madison Square Garden.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

One minute, six seconds ... that's only a long time to BYH.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Zing!

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And they just promoted Vinnie Cerrato.

You can't make it up.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Funny anecdote in Mark Maske's "War Without Death: A Year Of Extreme Competition In Pro Football's NFC East."

{Dan} Snyder believed his team was good but he was worried about the Eagles in particular because they were well coached and they would have a healthy Donovan McNabb. He was on and off the phone checking on his wife and kids, who were in Aspen but were preparing to travel home. He excused himself to an adjoining conference room where a group of business types was seated around a table. He returned to his office a little while later.

"What do you think of Johnny Rockets?" he said.

A visitor said he'd never eaten at the chain of diners but had heard some moderately good things. Why?

"I just bought it," Snyder said.

At Redskins Park the buying part was never the problem.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

"some guy named zorn"? geez, am i old. "some guy" was a pretty decent qb for seattle back in the late '70s/early '80s.

just wanted to clarify for the kids.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Shockey, I was born in 1979. Sorry, man!

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Dan Snyder, Donald Sterling, Any Dolan, Peter Angelos, Bill Bidwell. The Mount Rushmore of Fucktard owners

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Headbutt, I'm not that much older, but I know who Jim Zorn is.

It's good to see Jim Fassel get another head coaching shot. But for Little Napolean in DC? Ugh ...

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

precisely my point.

no worries my boy. oops i'm late for my aarp meeting. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted