1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Redskins hire Jim Zorn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Depends on who's recognizable. I guess we'll have to start post-1990.

Ray Zellars and the kicking Zendejas brothers = not as good as Jim Zorn.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If only Jim Zorn had a dependable target other than Steve Largent for many of those years ...

3. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Folks who followed the NFC East closely knew Spagnuolo was a pretty good LBs coach in Philly. He'd never be a defensive coordinator there because Jim Johnson isn't going anywhere. IIRC, Spagnuolo succeeded Ron Rivera, who went on to become a pretty decent coordinator - one of several Johnson deciples to move up the ranks. That was thought to be part of Snyder's attraction. Not only did he have knowledge of the Giants, but of the Eagles as well.

I think it's a silly move for one reason alone: You bring in a guy who's supposed to be able to develop quarterbacks. Now you hand him untold more responsibility - worrying about defense, ST, personnel (to a degree in that mess of an organization), dealing with us - all of which distracts from the original reason you hired him in the first place.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Zorn never coached the Vikings. He coached at the University of Minnesota but never the Vikings.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Christian Okoye.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

now THAT'S funny, son. ;D ;D ;D

when the comments become that absurd, i know it's time to leave this thread alone. carry on, boys and girls. carry on.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

they all suck compared to Fuad Reveiz!

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

it's the same flawed logic that gets a lot of coordinators hired as head coaches. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. had the patriots thumped the giants, their OC josh mcdaniel, who is about 12 years old (actually 32, i think), would be the next hot thing next season. but every head coach has to start as an assistant.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

steve raible and mike tice just kicked your ass and they don't know why. ;)

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm sure the guys who had money on the '86 Rose Bowl do.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Goddam, if I didn't see Reviez on one of those home renovation TV shows. He's a contractor in S. Fla.

Draft saved Draft deleted