1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Redskins get No. 2 pick.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 9, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Harper in particular represents everything that's wrong with youth baseball development today, and the prancing around the bases in the minor leagues has only served to further that reputation. I don't know, you're OK with a kid blowing kisses to the pitcher after a home run?

Strasburg has been stage-managed to absurdity and, at least from where I sit, seems to have absolutely no personality whatsoever.

2. Quakes

Quakes Guest

Brian Orakpo is in those Geico ads, for reasons beyond my comprehension.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Youtube is blocked here at work, but that better be the Eastern Motors spot.

4. JackReacher

I get it with Harper. Not sure I'm following with Strasburg. By all accounts, he's been a model citizen and teammate so far. Douche would not be a word I'd use to describe him.

Interesting that Harper's a douche for having a personality while Strasburg is also a douche for not having one.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

ARE YOU LISTENING, MAN?!?!?!

And I agree with Quakes. Not only are those ads terrible, but what percentage of Americans know who Brian Orakpo is?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Eh, you may be right. There's a possibility I'm attaching too much Boras-ness to Strasburg. Maybe he's OK.

On Harper, though, there is no doubt. I can't wait till he catches one in the dome.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. JackReacher

Oh, those Eastern's ads were awesome. High comedy. We drove by one over the weekend in Manassas, and my wife and I immediately began singing the song. Couldn't help ourselves.

8. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

So much for all that Redskins cap space.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7677375/sources-dallas-cowboys-washington-redskins-lose-millions-cap-space

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

LOLSkins, you never disappoint.

10. derwood

derwood Active Member

Skins are going to pay with 15% cap penalty for next two years and they've traded their number one picks. Snyder got fleeced.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You can usually count me among the Redskins haters, but they're getting jobbed HARD by the NFL. Basically getting shit on for paying out bonuses in uncapped years. Either the year was capped or it wasn't. Last I heard, it wasn't. I have a feeling the union is going to absolutely shit all over this like Charles Jefferson did to Lincoln High.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I agree completely. They're getting screwed.

Draft saved Draft deleted