1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Redskins get No. 2 pick.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 9, 2012.

1. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

If he's the real deal, then any team would be happy to pay him the market rate.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bradford is going to be a good QB, but I think, because of his salary and injury history, they couldn't have gotten nearly as much for him as they could for the No. 2 pick.

I agree with the assessment that this is going to be a good move for both teams. I think the only way this ends up being a ripoff for the Redskins is if RG3 is a bust (possible, but doubtful) or if the Redskins are terrible the next two seasons and the Rams gets two more very high picks (definitely possible). I think realistically, the two additional first-rounders are going to be no better than mid-range (12-20), but lord knows the Redskins have a way of underachieving...

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If I'm Snyder.....and I give up what I gave up to get this kid, there is not a way in hell I am letting Junior Shanahan call the plays for him.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Redskins overachieved this year. Forget the Rams. What will make or break this deal in the near future is what the Redskins do in free agency now. If they miss on whoever they sign, Griffin is screwed.

On a related note, I'm not sure any of the top WRs available can make much of an impact with a rookie QB. Jackson has underachieved at times with one of the better QBs in the league, Bowe disappears at times and I see Colston as no better than a No. 2 outside of New Orleans. Having said that, I think the Redskins need to land SOMEBODY with proven skills to play on the outside and take advantage of Griffin's primary strength as a passer.

5. Mizzougrad96

Do you really think Kyle is calling the passing plays? I sure as hell don't. If he wouldn't let Kubiak call the plays, I doubt his son is truly running the offense.

That's not even a Shanahan control freak thing. If you look at head coaches with history as QB coaches or OCs (McCarthy, Reid, Holmgren, Gruden, Harbaugh...) most are calling the majority of the passing plays, if not all of the plays...

6. Mizzougrad96

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Vincent Jackson wind up with the Skins. It would seem to be a pretty good fit of the guys available.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Not necessarily the passing plays......but any plays.

I wouldn't let Kyle even stand on the sidelines, for fear he will drop a Gatorade bucket on Griffin's foot.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is RGIII truly a franchise QB or just the flavor on the year?

9. I think he's better than Cam Newton.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

While I disagree, I somehow don't think heyabbott was interested in that comparison.

11. derwood

derwood Active Member

Unlikely. Newton passed for over 4k yards, and run for 700 yards as a rookie. 21 passing TD, 14 rushing. That's better than Manning did playing with Faulk and Harrison.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

why is he more like Newton then Vince Young?

Draft saved Draft deleted