1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Redskins def. coord. no longer dealing with us

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Hustle, Oct 8, 2009.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

If there is a legitimate reason - health, family, other - does that open the next phase of ferreting the problem and publishing it?

Or is Blache given leeway to take care of it privately? Is there a line between publishing every single detail and giving a guy some space?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

All work, and no play makes Mizzougrad a dull boy.

3. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

How did Blache ever get another coaching job after that mountain of fail he ran with the Bears?

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'm really curious about this, too. If he's trying to keep something private -- I respect the essence of that -- does he realize that's not gonna happen here? He works for a media whore owner and for what may be the NFL equivalent of the Red Sox, with all the people on the beat.

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

So, this problem allows him to handle the stress of running an NFL defense but not answer questions? Odd.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

My thoughts exactly.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I think the words "Dan" and "Snyder" are the problem here.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The ship be shinking in Washington.

Sunday's game should be called the Bill Cowher Bowl.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It is going to be really interesting to see where (if anywhere) Cowher, Shanahan, Holmgren, Gruden and Dungy (mark my words, he'll be back soon) wind up.

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Some kind of stage-fright/appearing in public thing? (I assume he's in the booth on game day.) Otherwise inexplicable, but I'll wait for an explanation.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the Skins get Holmgren as GM and Gruden as coach.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Dude doesn't have stage fright. Shoot it was week one when he was challenging Trevor Mattich on TV about execution and gameplanning. It seemed like every time he was on camera he was visibly disgusted with having to answer questions.

Draft saved Draft deleted