1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Wings vs. Blackhawks at Wrigley Field in January

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, May 28, 2008.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Fair enough, Bob.

(By the way, I'd love to know whatever became of the racing dentist. I mean, I'm sure he's still a dentist, but I wonder what it's like living as one of the symbols of IndyCar Racing's lean years.)

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Twins get their new digs in 2010, but the Gophers have a new football stadium coming online in 09.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Ask Google, and ye shall receive. Apparently the post-racing life is extremely lucrative for Dr. Jack. Any shame from being laughed at is muffled by the piles of money coming out of his ears:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/indianapolis/127219-looking-veterinarian-dentist.html

From a post: It took me 10 years to find a great dentist...and I was thrilled that I finally found one a year ago.

Indy Dental Group
    12720 Meeting House Rd
    Carmel, IN 46032-7334

This is the group fronted by Dr. Jack Miller (former Indy car driver and his race car is actually suspended from the ceiling of the waiting room.) His wife Dr. Lewis is absolutely top notch; she has major skills. Very plush office with friendly and helpful office staff. We go there for dental and orthodontics. The occasional visit to West Clay (where their office is) is a treat too. They do submit insurance work for you and that is one thing my last great dentist did not do (Spees...Zionsville, great dentist but you do you own paperwork.) Indy Dental Group has an office on North Meridian also, but not nearly as nice. The Meeting House Road location is very uplifting place.

/sorry for the Dr. Jackjack

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=431774">It looks like this finally will be announced next week.</a>

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Cities are a natural for this once the Gopher's stadium opens. Unfortunately MSP isn't an Original Six town and isn't on the East Coast so I don't see it happening.

Stars-Wild would be a great match-up though.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Montreal vs Toronto at McGill Stadium in downtown Montreal.

Seats 25,000.

Perfect except for the Leafs part.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Should be even better. Not sure if the Sens or Sabres would create as much buzz.

8. Armchair_QB

I'd think you'd want a bigger stadium for that one.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The idea of a hockey game in either the Rogers Centre or Olympic stadium depresses the hell out of me.

As far as I'm concerned, the outdoor games are overhyped hokum. Professional hockey hasn't been played out doors since probably the late 1800's.

If they want to do this, make it real pond hockey.

Gloves, skates and sticks only. No raises. Guy who shoots the puck to the other side of Lake Ontario has to go get it.

First one to ten wins, the loser scrapes.

10. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Reading through this thread, I'm amazed by how many people don't think this is a good idea. It's the middle of summer, and people are already buzzing in Chicago about this. I'm pretty sure everyone I know is going to try to go to the game; many of whom haven't been to a Hawks game in years. It's a great rivalry, and it's going to be a great spectacle. Whether that translates across the entire nation, I don't know. (Or care). But hockey is back in Chicago. The sleeping giant awakens.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hockey is back in Chicago because old man Wirtz is gone, John McDonough is maybe the best marketing guy in hockey, they're bringing the homes back to TV and two kids named Kane and Toews captured the fans' imagination. The upcoming Black Hawks convention will be a huge boost as well.

Outdoor hockey is a circus and in my opinion, debases the sport.

12. Armchair_QB

Draft saved Draft deleted