1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Wings vs. Blackhawks at Wrigley Field in January

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, May 28, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Cap stolen=charge into crowd and start a brawl.

You win.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Nah. Bartman.

3. rascalface

rascalface Member

Because nothing happened prior to that to evoke an admittedly over-the-top response.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You mean like coming on a thread about the Blackhawks and starting a pissing match about the Cubs?

Your team is in first place, and like most Sox fans, you can't even just STFU and enjoy it.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/inferiority+complex

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I don't care what they do at Wrigley.
    But when it comes to Yankee Stadium, the final event there should not ever, ever, ever be a fucking hockey game.

The old Yankee Stadium will no longer exist after the final Yankees game (preferably in September) is played this season. Blow it up when the regular season ends or when the Yankees are eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.
    Do not ever let a hockey game desecrate Yankee Stadium.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

But they let the Steinbrenners sully the place's good name. How can hockey possibly be worse?

7. rascalface

rascalface Member

Oh, relax. And be glad you weren't raised as a Brewers fan.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

There's always that. :D

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I think I see spnited in that picture.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

As a Yankeees hater, Sam, I hate to say this, but ...
    Prior to the Steinbrenner ownership. the Yankees had sucked for 10 years. From 1976-'81 they were the best franchise in baseball.
    Despite years of suckitude that followed, the last 12 years have been as good as any in Yankees history.
    Under the Steinbrenner regime -- crazy as it has been a times -- the Yankees again have become the most valuable franchise in all of sports.

And from a pure baseball standpoint, why should there be any event held at the current Yankee Stadium after the Yankees' 2008 season ends?

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I can see that. Another factor is while NYC isn't exactly South Florida, can anyone count on it being cold enough to keep good ice if Gary Bettman were to get the Rangers and some poor suckers into Yankee Stadium for a hockey game?

Edmonton was a great idea. Buffalo worked as well. But making it feel like some sort of annual obligation will kill the fun.

You defended the Steinbrenners, S-P? Next thing you know, I'll be defending Eddie DeBartolo Jr. ...

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Football stadium or baseball stadium you will have a lot of bad seats down low. Regardless, you will want to be about 15 rows up to see over the glass. Without reading the entire thread or stories, the reason they keep talking about baseball diamonds now instead of football stadiums is because the NHLPA I believe wants the setup to go for a full two weeks to ensure the ice has time to set properly and all of the bugs can be worked out with the different climates that different cities pose for the outdoor games. To get two full weeks at an NFL stadium in early January is pretty tough to book off during the football season. Wrigley I think would work well, because it is an intimate enough stadium that the seating may be even better than a football stadium where you have something like 15-20 yards between the boards and the start of the stands, just depends on the set up for wrigley.

Draft saved Draft deleted