1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Sox scout throws kittens off cliff

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Holy hell. Time has not been kind to Jesse Levis.

But clearly, Levis has been plenty kind to himself.

2. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

It's not his fault they were there. Sluts.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Thank you, gentlemen, thank you. :D

And thanks to mikey and beaker for the Seinfeld-jack. Well-played boys.

4. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Scout's on her. (honor?)

5. Two days. Three pages.
    And nobody used the phrase "boning up on young prospects."
    I weep for my nation.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I covered Levis when he was playing for an Indians Class A team and got along with him well. We agreed on one thing: We both couldn't stand that manager, who was not easy to deal with for the players or the media. I suppose this an example of a different reason why it's a good idea not to hang out with players you cover. :)

I guess you never can tell from just interviewing guys what they're like away from the ball park. Playing on that same team (but a different year) was Albert Belle -- then known as Joey Belle -- and he couldn't have been nicer to me.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Do you know why Belle changed his name? My friends and I always call the dude Joey because we have the Donruss rookie card and, well, he turned out to be quite the ass.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

He wanted to be called Albert as part of his "transformation" after undergoing counseling. The name change I guess was symbolic of the change he was about to make in his life. Obviously that didn't work.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Jesse's only 39. There are plenty of 39-year-old catchers around. If he had displayed that kind of stroke at the plate, he'd still be playing.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

That's true, but he has a tendency to get caught looking. If the team can figure out a way to get the hitch out of his jerk, he'll be firing in no time.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't know why more guys don't learn to be switch hitters. That way it doesn't matter where they're facing.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Maybe he wanted to prove he could pull it with power from one side of the plate.

Draft saved Draft deleted