1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Ruffing, Thurman Munson, No. 15, Onward with the Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hank_Scorpio, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

No fucking way.

With or without Wagner and/or Maine, they are not making the playoffs.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm guessing Blackburn throws a 3-hit shutout. That's how this Yankees season has been. Hell, Moose might even pitch really well.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine was able to tour the new Yankee Stadium and he sent me about 50 pictures from all areas and locations.

I think it is going to be amazing.

He also has a bunch of pics of where the Ortiz jersey was buried. It is now just a hole filled with trash.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Red Sox get Paul Byrd.

I guess they wanted to replace Wakefield with someone who throws EVEN SLOWER!

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20080812_Phillies_Notebook__Phillies_reach_deal_with_pitcher_Pettibone.html

Charlie Manuel and Brad Lidge are both blaming Lidge's recent shoulder soreness on the way he was used in the All-Star game. It does seem a bit much to have the guy warm up six times before finally getting into the game.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Paul Byrd to the Red Sox for a...wait for it...wait for it...PTNBL. That was just for you, old man.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3531866

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Already mentioned this on the Sheffield thread ... he's been placed on waivers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3532016

Anybody gonna bite?

8. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Old, washed up power hitter? Kenny Williams is warming up his dialing fingers.

9. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I don't know which Marlins team you've been watching. I'll take Philly's starting 5 any day of the week.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Nah, that lineup is full with em already.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Player to named be later? :)

12. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

The Phillies? Seriously? Blanton has sucked most of the year, Myers was so bad he was sent down, Kendrick's ERA is over 4.70. I'll give you Hamels, and Moyer continues to do it with smoke and mirrors, but that rotation is serviceable at best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.