1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Robin burgers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so, that's what you kids are calling it these days.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Best thing about Red Robin: Milkshakes.
    I only allow myself 1-2 chocolate milkshakes per year, and this is where I go.
    They are like you used to get 40 years ago. Hardly anybody makes them the right way anymore.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Better than Steak and Shake?

4. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Not true. Many people love Five Guys' hot dogs.

5. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

MUCH!
    But not for some funky flavor.
    We're talking chocolate milkshake made with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup. The real classic. RR gives you the big silver cup the shake is made in to top off your own shake. Just like when I was a kid.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Harold and Kumar DID NOT GO to Red Robin. It always struck me as a decent date place for high school and college kids or to take the family. And you poor bastards outside the Northwest are missing out on Burgerville somewhere between McD's, Whataburger and Fuddruckers.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I should have said "not a meat lover," which from personal experience could be everyone. You can have anything in the world, so long as it's burgers, dogs, grilled cheese, fries and Coca-Cola products.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I have no idea what Fuddruckers is. I had never heard of it until I moved to Texas and I haven't gone since I've been here. I've also never heard of Burgerville.

9. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Does Fuddruckers still put that cheese goop on top of its cheeseburgers? I haven't been there in 15 years, and I'm not buying a cheeseburger that doesn't have real cheese on it. And preferably cheddar.

Steak and Shake still does it for me. Big, tasty, slightly greasy triple cheeseburger. Great fries, great shakes.

10. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I've never had an actual burger from Red Robin, but the one Italian chicken sandwich the place within the burger space is quite phenomenal ... specially paired with bottomless GARLIC fries and strawberry lemonade.

Plus, except for that lemonade, the place is quite cheap.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Just for you buckweaver I went to Whataburger today. It is better than your standard fast food joints, but it is nowhere in comparison to Red Robin and you are smoking something if you think it is.

12. If you're ever in East Texas, stop by Jucy's in Tyler or Longview. It's a two-pound heart attack, but the best burger I'll ever have in my lifetime.

Draft saved Draft deleted