1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Robin burgers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

5 Guys has its place. I can't eat it often. But I'm not disappointed when I do.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Red Robin is not worth going out of your way. If it's time to eat, you're stopped at a traffic light and there's one on the corner, yeah, go ahead. But there's no reason to expect more than a C result.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Couple out by me, I like em. Others on this board have said they don't ... they have wifi, so that's a good thing...

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

mmmm whataburger -- or as my high school baseball coach always called it when we stopped there on road trips -- the flying w steakhouse

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just want to know who decided to build whataburger's as A frame buildings. Whenever I see one I feel like I am in the mountains somewhere and it is about to start snowing. Then I remember it is 89 degrees out on Oct. 19.

6. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Five guys is not bad, but you have to eat in the restaurant. The food doesn't hold well on the ride home. They put oil-soaked fried right in the bag and they're great right when you get em. But if you wait until you get home, your bag will probably break. And they wrap the burgers in tinfoil which tends to crush them. Moral? Avoid take out.

For my money, In N Out still rules.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If a) five guys was open 24-7 and b) they were within walking distance of my soon-to-be-former apartment, I'd put the whole fucking family on easy street within the next 30 Jager-soaked minutes.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'd be suspicious of reviews about burger joints from a guy named "Mystery Meat." ;D

Besides, we all know Lum's rules.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Dear GOD, Lum's still exists? There was one on my college campus that had outlived its usefulness by about 20 years. It's a Pizza Hut now. But I wanted to go there to experience life as a 1970's college student. Lum's. My word.

10. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

Red Robin is very middle of the road when it comes to burgers.
    My top five:
    1. Tommy's
    2. In N Out
    3. Fuddruckers
    4. Bob's Big Boy
    5. Fatburger
    RR probably not in my top 20.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Mmm, Bob's Big Boy. Now ya got me craving it ... :)

I like to stop there in Barstow on my way back from Sin City.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

When the Super Bowl was in Detroit two years ago, there was a Big Boy just down the road from my hotel. I went and had one, but it was absolutely nothing compared to what I remembered as a kid.

As an aside, when I was about 10 I nearly choked to death eating a Big Boy burger. Was absolutely terrified. This was before the Heimlich was well-known.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted