1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Robin burgers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 18, 2007.

1. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

"Two in the morning got a FATBURGER"

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'm almost half-tempted to drive over to Watertown now to get one. Damn you, Smallpots.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The Red Robin in Grapevine was good the couple of times I went to it. I also had a good experience at the Red Robin in Austin, north of downtown.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Seriously. Is there anything you don't just bitch and moan about? You must be one miserable, lonely person.

Get a cat or something.
    ;)

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Red Robin's bleu-cheese and A1-peppercorn burgers are damn good.
    The only down side is the burger always come well done.
    But they're still pretty good.

6. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

My God you are all driving me nuts with the talk of cheeseburgers!

RR is good stuff - I usually order the messiest burger possible, cooked medium rare with salsa, ranch dressing, guacamole and jalapenos on it. But there's a great local Mexican place around the corner from our house that makes a better version of it - the Fire Alarm burger.

Love Whataburger, too. Mmmm.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Red Robin is PACF - perfectly acceptable chain food. It will do, it tastes fine, prices are reasonable. Kids like to go there when dad's in town to treat for dinner. But you can almost always find a better local place within five minutes.

Fuddrucker's? Tried it three times. Sucked worse each time. Nasty, smelly burger in a nasty, crowded, noisy dining room. Never again.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Anyone else like Five Guys?

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Five Guys is wonderful. I get the same thing every time: double sauteed onions, double sauteed mushrooms, cheese, bbq sauce and lettuce. But if you're not eating with a burger lover, said companion will be SOL.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yes but not very often. They're big and greasy and good but they feel like a boulder on my stomach and, trust me on this one, you don't want to be within miles of me 2-3 hours after I've been to Five Guys.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Angola,

I think the original RR was on the south side of Lake Union in Seattle, just east of the 99/Aurora bridge. Not sure if it's a RR any more.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yep, Texas mostly. But they're all over the Redneck Riviera (Florida/Bama/Mississippi) and for some reason, there's a couple dozen locations in Phoenix area, too.

Very distinguishable by their orange-and-white logo (the roofs of the buildings are the same design). Huge burgers with lots of fixins, but not terribly greasy.

Draft saved Draft deleted