1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Robin burgers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

Red Robin sucks. Its burgers are not on par with Fuddruckers, much less anywhere really good. I only go there when I don't have much of an alternative ... a late night in Boise comes to mind.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I think Fuddruckers has better burgers. But I really like Red Robin's Whiskey River Chicken Wrap. mmmmmmmmmm

And I've had a burger at the Boise Red Robin -- it was after a stoopid HS girls basketball state tournament and I was tired of eating at Burger King because it was across the street from the gym. I just started driving and pulled into the first 'decent' place I saw. Sat alone near the bar at mid day, got good service and watched some winter Olympics on the tube.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Don't have them up here. Maybe I'll buy Canuckistan rights.

They do have one of the dumbest mission statements (and I HATE mission statements) I've ever read:

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc., was founded on four core values: Honor, Integrity, Continually Seeking Knowledge and Having Fun.

Having fun is a "core value"?

Idiots.

4. Noticeably absent: Serving good food.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Red Robin is Perfectly Acceptable Sandwich Food. Around here there's better options, particularly if you want a simple, good burger instead of an orgy of toppings (Five Guys), but you could certainly find a lot worse. And I usually go for their chicken sandwiches anyway (forget the name, but the one with the avocado and bacon is pretty good). And the bottomless fries and freckled lemonade are worth it.

Go during the day -- the later in the afternoon/early evening you go, the more kids. Occupational hazard: this place is meant to attract them (see also: Cheeburger Cheeburger). But if you sidle up to the bar area at like 2 p.m., you'll pretty much be an island unto yourself.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Red Robin is moving into Texas, so I will find out for myself how good it is when the playoffs hit and I venture into the 'Plex. This place has really blown up in the last 2 months.

I could've sworn when I was in England about 15 years ago there was a Red Robin chain there, and they were mostly along the motorways at lay-bys. Maybe GB can help?

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'd take 5 Guys over Red Robin. Hell, the last time I had a nasty hangover, that's where I stopped. And I think that Cheeburger Cheeburger tops 5 Guys.

I also like the burger places around here putting Old Bay on their fries now. It speaks well of their quality.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

It's been at least 10-15 years since I've eaten at a Fudruckers. I've only eaten there twice and each time I was puking up what I ate a few hours later.

Haven't had that problem with the 10-12 times I've been to Red Robin in the last 5 years.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

red robin is a decent burger... i find myself craving the one with teriyaki and pineapple

and whataburger... oh man, what i'd do for a whataburger right now. my favorite part of whataburger is the catchup, it's like they put extra salt in it. so awesome.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

what the heck is a whataburger? That chain must not have made it to the NY-NJ-Philly area yet.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The place that I really like, though it's strictly in New England (and in only a few locations) is Wild Willy's.

http://www.wildwillysburgers.com/

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's a Texas thing mostly. There are a few Whataburgers in Oklahoma and one in Arkansas.

Draft saved Draft deleted