1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Right 88... memories?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Colton, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

Hey, gang,

I'm putting together a centerpiece for my Monday section about memories, where you were, etc. about the Browns' infamous playoff game against the Raiders on Jan. 4, 1981.

If you are old enough and remember where you were, what you were doing, etc. when the game took place, feel free to send them to me via a PM. Please include your name and location to be included.

I have already collected a bunch from Northeast Ohio, but I'm interested to hear some from across the landscape.

Anything you'd be willing to share would be appreciated.

Thanks, everyone...

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You're asking people to out themselves and not even revealing the name of the publication?

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

Vers: I will reveal the publication, myself, etc. through PM, as I have done on several occasions. Then, I will send them a link to the story. Not asking anyone to out themselves. If no one cares to take part, not a big deal.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm a Raider fan. Interviewed Mike Davis once years later during some alumni basketball game. I shook his hand for that pick. Good times.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I do remember the game, but I was just in school at the times. Being a little young for the famous Packers' "Ice Bowl" of the 1960s, that was my first memory of playoff game that was played in near-zero temperatures.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Too young.
    But I have heard the stories.
    One of the greatest games in postseason history.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Wouldn't go that far. It was competitive, close, down to the wire. But, IIRC, it was more about defense and missed opportunities than guys on both sides making great plays. That came the next year with San Diego vs. Miami.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I am impressed by hard-nosed defense in adverse conditions.
    Not displays of pitiful tackling and bad pass defense in 41-38 games, or yesterday's turkey.

Draft saved Draft deleted