1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red meat

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Speaking of fish I am fixing Swai tonight.
    I never heard of it before. But it's a huge fish... Picked it up at the grocery store last week and nobody had heard of it before.
    It's a Vietnamese fish. Hope its good.

2. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

It's OK. Just a basic white fish, sort of similar to tilapia but with less flavor.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd say how appropriate it is that Mystery Meat II and McNuggets Man have weighed in on this topic.

Do we have a Hamburgler on SportsJournalists.com? :D

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I thought someone was starting Commie rumors about me again

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

This made me laugh out loud.

We don't eat red meat a lot at our house but we enjoy it when we do. I'm a pretty big fan of burgers and steak.

It's just so much cheaper to get a multi-pack of chicken or pork chops.

Also, I don't smoke, do drugs, I'm very active at my job and I excercise a couple times a week. I did just eat a Reese's peanut butter egg though.

6. We seldom buy steak at the meat market. It's just cheaper to go to a restaurant.
    Like you, we buy chicken, ground beef and occasionally pork.. Once in a while I'll get roundeye steaks.

We eat a lot of venison.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Mmmmm, dead dear, drenched in sauteed garlic and onions along with boiled, then fried potatoes....*drool*

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Bubbler prefers his dead deer raw. And bareback.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Reported case of a cow with Mad Cow disease in California. Just saying.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Still worth the risk.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I eat beef once every two weeks or so. When I do, I want it to be good beef. Sadly, there isn't very much good beef out there and what there is costs more than I've saved by not eating it.

I grew up in western Kansas in an era before "boxed beef" when we could easily find authentic USDA Prime. Now, it all seems to go to very high-end restaurants.

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Less flavor than tilapia? Might as well eat styrofoam.

Beef, chicken, pork, wild game, bring it on. Don't scrimp on the salad and French fried taters, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted