1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Dawn: Collector's Edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

Just received it today and it kicks ass, especially all the extras.

Excellent extras disk includes interviews with Lea Thompson (yes!), Patrick Swayze, C. Thomas Howell and Charlie Sheen.

Definitely recommend it for fans of the film.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You spent money on that?

One of the silliest movies of all time.

But I guess it's considered camp now. Or, at least I hope so.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

How much did it cost? That'll definitely be added to my Amazon shopping cart...

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

Norman: $17.99. Well worth it.

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

WOLVERINES!

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Look, don't belittle our cultural touchstones just because you live in an inconsequential country where kids never had to worry about the commie bastards landing at your school and blowing away your history teacher to start WWIII. OK? :D :D :D

I love this movie, but good Gawd is it awful. But I might pony (!!!) up the $17.99 to see the Ponyboy interview. "I thought we were gonna lose you Pony, like we did mom and dad to the torture camp."

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Up next: Weekend at Bernie's, The Director's Cut!

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Give me the Rae Dawn (Chong) collector's edition!

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Is that video she did with Mick Jagger included?

11. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

OK, so what's the biggest heretofor unknown/little-known fact revealed in the extras?

12. Colton

Colton Active Member

PB: Probably that Swayze and Jennifer Grey, to quote Lea Thompson, "Fought like cats and dogs," during the filming. Ironic, considering they went on to do Dirty Dancing together.

Also, that during the final scene with the two brothers, it was about 20 below.

Speaking of that scene, it was supposed to be the original ending. The scene with lovely Lea and the little turd reaching freedom was tacked on because the scene with the two brothers was too sad to end the film.

I forgot to mention an interview with Powers Boothe is also included on the extras disk.

Hope this helps.

Draft saved Draft deleted