1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red alert, IJAG ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Aug 7, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

There is nothing good about the Pulaski Skyway. Eeriest fucking road in I've ever been on.

2. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

I can't even imagine sending enough text messages to be able to do that. When I saw Matt Damon's character in "The Departed" send a text without looking, I thought it was one of the coolest things I'd seen in a recent movie.

Apparently it was no big deal.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I sent and received a total of 940 text messages last month, plus 9 multimedia messages (pics and the like).

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I'm constantly having to empty out my cache. My friends know I don't answer calls. They just text me.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh yeah. I have I think 39 saved texts from my bf (I have to thin those out occasionally too) and at least twice a day I get the 'memory low' thing that means I have to go empty the outbox messages.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Are you saving them for a reason? On my phone, I can lock them so they don't ever get erased.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, I can't lock. I just save them so I can reread them periodically.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Which isn't good if you text somebody and then that somebody tries to actually call you on the phone.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

He knew that ... :p

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

When I worked two jobs a few months ago, I sent a ton of messages every day. My second job was of a desk variety, so I'd spend a good portion of the day doling out messages. I was up to about a 1,650/month average. I'll never forget my keypad now.

11. Is this the modern equivalent of keeping the love letters in a shoebox under the bed.
    (And yes, I did date one of the Ingalls sisters in HS.)

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I still have letters. And I keep his cards in my bedside stand.

So yes.

But if the girls you dated ever sent you a sex haiku, like I have on my phone, then you damn well better have married one of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted