1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Recycling rainwater a crime?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jul 22, 2008.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Precisely. It's not your water, even if it falls on your roof. It's the same reason you can't pull 10,000 gallons of water out of a river without permission. That water is quite often already pledged.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If it's not my water, can I charge the city/county/state any damages it may do to my property?

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Actually, putting up solar panels will get you arrested in some places.
    You have to get a permit, and, in my neighborhood, they won't grant one because it doesn't fit the historical something or other.
    Same thing goes for other places around town, since most of the granola eating hippies live in historical neighborhoods, they can't have panels.
    So you just can't hang panels on your roof if you feel like it.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They won't arrest you. They'll just fine you.

[/granola-eating hippie who lives in a historical neighborhood and wants solar panels]

5. What if you live in a dry county?

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

actually, being a native of the PNW, many cities nearly run out of drinking water every year at the end of summer depending on snow pack. the state is no stranger to water restrictions during long dry summers.

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Yep. Keep in mind that while it rains all the time in parts of the Pacific Northwest, the actual amount of total precipitation isn't terribly high.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That and the eastern part of Washington (east of the mountains) is practically desert.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The area west of the Cascades in both Washington and Oregon gets all the rain because the mountains keep it there. Huge difference between, say, the Willamette Valley and Central Oregon.

Draft saved Draft deleted