1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Recording phone calls on iPhone

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by One Man Wolfpack, Jul 21, 2013.

1. https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115082?hl=en

2. jbotter

jbotter New Member

I second the Olympus TP-7 suggestion. I've used one for years, and it's the easiest and best way I've found to record calls. You don't have to fiddle with online services; you just plug the TP-7 into your recorder, put the bud in your ear and talk with the phone held up to your ear as you normally would.

Audio quality is good. A bit tinny, but if you're just looking for something that'll record your interviews (as opposed to something recorded for a radio show or podcast), the TP-7 will meet all your needs.

Can't say enough good things about it.

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Works for me too.
    But let's face it, you have to be prepared, with your recorder and little ear cord ready to go.
    It'd be nice to just have an app to use to record on your smartphone/iPhone, for times when you're unexpectedly put in a work/interview situation.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

This man has the answers.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

True. That's why I only use it when I need to record something and I'll have them call me.

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Reviving this four-year-old thread to see if anyone has found anything better than the Olympus TP-7 for recording phone calls. I have a big-deal phone interview coming up and would certainly prefer to record than try to type as we talk.

Thanks...

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I love TapeACall, it's an app for your phone.
    Basically it uses your phone as a conference call and records it. Saves to your phone and online (I believe) to access whenever you want. Real easy and 10 bucks a year. I love it.

TapeACall App for iPhone

Flip Wilson likes this.
  8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Still waiting for the upgrade that emails you transcripts. THAT would be an app to die for.

But no, I just used the Olympus ear-bud thingie for a day's worth of calls/interviews Friday, and it still does the trick fine.

Flip Wilson likes this.
  9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I use an app called No Notes.

I love the simple interface and good audio quality.

Draft saved Draft deleted