1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Recording interviews on cell phone

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SockPuppet, May 6, 2007.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Can someone post a link to the device that records off a cellphone, please? I've been curious as to where you'd get them/how much they cost.

Thanks.

2. I think this is the one I have... It's not really sturdy and it'll probably give out soon. I've never had good luck when it comes to quality and Radio Shack devices. But it has worked well for me in the year+ that I've had it. You will need to have an earpiece to use it, though, which will add about $10 to your cost. Takes 2 AAA batteries, if I remember correctly.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103157&cp=&sr=1&origkw=phone+recorder&kw=phone+recorder&parentPage=search

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Cool. Thanks for the help. I'm tired of yelling on speakerphone while trying to record.

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Tarheelgamecock:
    That's the equipment I have and it works fine and has been durable. Norman, I would recommend it but for the problem with so many wires as I mentioned in the original post.
    And I didn't try to bite anyone's head off; I couldn't find a "gentle" font.

5. alex42083

alex42083 New Member

This is what I use..

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2141764&cp=&sr=1&origkw=phone+recorder&kw=phone+recorder&parentPage=search

Olympus Mini Tele-Recording device.
    One end plugs into the MIC of your digital recorder, and the other side is just a small ear piece into your ear. Put your phone over the piece, and it works beautifully. And no big wires to deal with, and no batteries either.

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Glad somebody recommended it. It works with any phone, so you can use it on landlines and cells alike.

Draft saved Draft deleted