1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Record hate mail

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by azom, Jul 3, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

There is no end to the offense the reading public will take, sometimes. I actually had hate mail from a woman while writing about my soon-to-be-born son. I made some comment about how there'd been a bit of a medical scare with my (now) ex-wife and I was talking about how I'd prayed to God that she'd be OK and so would my Little Man.

The woman who wrote me had lost three children prior to/during childbirth and was basically criticizing me for not showing sensitivity to those who couldn't have children or had lost them.

Jesus wept. Literally.

And my favorite is STILL the woman who said we'd have to answer to God for downplaying the Dallas Cowboys after a victory, since God obviously loved the Cowboys.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am constantly surprised at what people will take offense to. One of the delights of this profession.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I got my record dose o' hate for writing something unflattering about the late, great Coach Rupp. ::)

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

A-men. My wife, who writes a weekly lifestyle/humor column, gets some wacky e-mails.

Draft saved Draft deleted