1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Record for D1 transfers?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Aug 22, 2009.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I count 24 former Division I-A players on the Lions' roster. The list is led, as you might imagine, by FSU, which has provided six. Other multiple donors include Troy, West Virginia and North Carolina. The 24 players have seen time at 25 FBS institutions. (QB Harrison Beck began at Nebraska, transferred to N.C. State and is now at North Alabama.)

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Who is the backup QB from FSU? The WR is Preston Parker who was the best offensive player on FSU until getting booted off the team.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Can't remember and too lazy to find a link right now. I think I read where he just got to UNA this week or last week.

Actually, I'll link to the main site. I'm not that lazy. :)

www.timesdaily.com

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Won't the transfers hurt the score that college programs have to remain off probation. What the hell is it called?

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

DII limit is 36 but you can split value of those 36 scholarships up between as many players as you want. Very few kids at that level get a full ride scholly.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

The APR doesn't apply to Division II.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The QB, I assume, is Harrison Beck. Decent guy - not likely to end up on the police blotter - but couldn't find a receive with a compass, a map, both hands a giant target on the wideout's jersey. That and not only is Russell Wilson just a sophomore, but Mike Glennon is also clearly better. Beck needed to go somewhere else to have a chance.

8. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

My sources are indicating Lions lost one transfer the other day. guy was booted from navy, but can't play at north alabama because he was kicked out of school, so he must sit out a year.
    a couple of the transfers were on campus before bowden came in.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Let's see....Terry Bowden shows up....a slew of major D1 transfers come in.....

I can't imagine there's any sort of expectations at UNA this year. Noooo. :)

10. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I heart Harrison Beck. The kid just shows no remorse for any of his mistakes and, by that, I mean interceptions.
    Reporter: "Harrison, you threw two interceptions today, one into triple-coverage. What happened?"
    Harrison: "I just drop back and throw it. Sometimes really good things happen, and sometimes they don't."
    There's a Tim Riggins-esque quality to Beck, in that he just plays the game with what seems like little knowledge of offensive systems.

Draft saved Draft deleted