1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reckoning Awaits: NYC 2007.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Why do I get the feeling that, given the aptitude with the subways, this outing may still be going on over the Labor Day weekend.
    (I waved at y'all from my plane home from DC last night.)

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

(See, now you can just hold up your lighter.)

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I saw you Fenian. I waved back.

And wicked, I like it just fine. I didn't really know it was piss-scented, that was Meat's contribution. And I'm just retarded with directions...hell I don't know where major parts of my own city and state are, let alone knowing where the boroughs are in relation to each other. Hadn't seen a map yet, because we weren't in the subway part yet.

HB: Didn't call because spnited said you were working last night. Sorry! I texted you early this morning to tell you of lunch plans (which are still being formed). I'll call you and wicked when we finalize. Wicked should have Mayfly with him by that point.

We're up, I think we're going to try to hit Central Park (my favorite thing, and Meat's never been). Then we'll do lunch and get a base going before hitting the Perfect Pint.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hockeybeat gets a hug at the NY/NJSportsJournalists.com get-together from a non-affiliated woman who took pity on him in a bar

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The Yankees can go to hell! But at least I got to Yankee Stadium once in my life. In time to watch them go lame against a guy with a 5 million ERA. I could have lived without that. Oh, and I got to pay New York money for a Yankees cap, since my last one was lost in the Great Crash of April.

I am expecting much hilarity and shenanigans tonight. Warning: if you guys suck, I will latch on to a random gathering of people somewhere else.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You could find HB's new friend (above)

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

So I am here, in the city. Of course, it took me three hours to get to the Bronx line, and another hour to get in from The Bronx to Midtown.

It's 12:25 p.m., and the front desk at my hotel says I can't get into my room before 1:30 or 2, probably, so I'm pilfering their wireless in the lounge. Wicked wants to take a nap, because he only got four hours of sleep last night. He also wants to shower and (potentially) work out, because someone needs to do something to offset all those beer calories staring at me.

I overheard the hotel guys talking about Hopkins fighting tonight, and I heard the Asian housekeepers making jokes about "five dolla" with one of the maintenance guys. Interesting scene here.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

We are at the Apple Store on 59th and 5th. Just ran into IJAG and Meat, who is meeting the rest of the bunch. Thank goodness IJAG didn't slug me ... didn't know if she would recognize me or not. :)

Think we'll be wandering around, but have every intention of being at The Pint.

It's fun teaching a kid from waaaay out in the sticks about this city life of which I am unfamiliar. And for those of you who are into milestone-type posts, this is an interesting way to celebrate one.

9. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Hey Wicked, is there room in your hotel for me to nap too? I got about as much sleep as you did... the past two nights combined.

And I don't even have Sam's long-drive excuse.

Off to play tourist!!!

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

YEAH!!!!!! At least you keep your word, mofo. :)

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

Ahh, I wish I could be there, but it was my daughter's b-day party and pony rides.
    Hope you have more fun than last year in Toronto. I really wanted to see you folks again.
    Keep us unlucky ones updated.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'm back at the hotel for a brief spell here, just long enough to charge my cell phone and report on the evening's activities. IJAG and I are headed back out in a bit.

We've had an eventful night. The Group of Visitors has agreed that we shall not discuss the crazy deed, but it was greatly appreciated -- and will be the title of my next (and first) book.

Some quotes from earlier today:
    "Me and Boots, we're real similar." -- Slappy, victim of a drunk dial
    "I go on YouTube at least once a week and look for 'Ichiro, stretch,' 'Ichiro, on desk,' 'Ichiro, 69 ... " -- IJAG
    "Pocono is death on a stick." -- IJAG
    "I like stick, I like big stick." -- IJAG
    "You can double-fist." -- Me, to Mayfly
    "That's like Brook's career." -- spnited on IJAG's vanishing Brook Jacoby tattoo
    "Baby animals are good eating, because life hasn't made them bitter." -- HC
    "That's the second biggest piece of meat I've had in my mouth since last night." -- Mayfly
    "You have to watch how you yank it." -- Me to IJAG, on removing a pen cap
    "I look at good-looking guys like art. I want to kill them and hang them on the wall." -- Can't remember

Among the party: Pastor, spnited, IJAG, me, Mystery Meat, hockeybeat, Sam Mills, paperdoll, a pair of awesome surprise guests!

More to report later ...

Draft saved Draft deleted