1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reckoning Awaits: NYC 2007.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Jul 20, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

IJAG:
    "If they were playing the Mariners, I could have Jeter's ass and Ichiro stretching ... YUM!"

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Don't worry. Drunk dials shall commence about 5 p.m. tomorrow. :D

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

IJAG and MM also began to learn of the wonders of the NYC subway system:

IJAG: "The first elevator we got in in Penn Sation smelled like piss"

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Ah, guess the country bumpkins don't like the big city life?

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's too bad none of youse muddah fuckahs are comin' out to where I roll. My stop smells like piss and it's 105 degrees in dere every day. [/Charlie from Queens]

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

The kids made it from Penn Station to their hotel in Brooklyn all by themselves...with only one phone call asking me which subway to take.
    "Do we want the uptown or downtown A train?"

They also apparently made it back to Brooklyn from the Bronx after I hopped off the train in midtown Manhattan for a bus back to jersey.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Uptown A would have taken them the Bronx, Inwood area.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'll admit, I'm impressed. They could have ended up taking the A all the way to Howard Beach, home of Aqueduct Race Track!

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Okay, after showcasing my knowledge of the A Train, I'd like to make a general statement.

The last time there was an outing in NYC, Jones molested me after viewing my Winnipeg Jets t-shirt. Yes, I am that much of a hockey geek. I would kindly ask the SJ women folk, should they find pity in their lovely hearts for a hockey geek such as I, to molest me tomorrow.

That is all.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

IJAG...i certainly hope I meet a good looking gal around Wilmington, Delaware tomorrow. Figuring I live right around there. You lucky dog. Time for 3 hours of sleep before I hop my train to NYC. Get ready for the SJ Extravaganza!

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

This is when I become bitter that I don't know anyone in the East. I got drunk dials from Vegas, but alas I will not get any from NY. So be it. Go Yankees and fuckabuncha Mets and Red Sox.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

PM one of us if you wish to be added to the list. It shall be done.

Draft saved Draft deleted