1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Recent celebrity sighting (here's mine, add yours) ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Claws for Concern, Jan 6, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I saw Andy Pettitte in an NYC nightclub last year.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I saw Wlat and Mike Shula walking into the social services building a couple of weeks ago. I flicked a cigarette out the car window at them.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Ate lunch at a Mexican restaurant recently, sat in the booth next to Hillary Duff, her sister and some AFI-looking dude. That's all I got for "recent".

4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I've just recounted the only celebrity sightings of my entire life. Let me revel in their (total lack of) glory.

Please, Moddy?

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, yeah, OK.
    We've done this before and the general consensus was should people in our business be THIS starstruck?
    I mean, it's not like any of you saw Ryan Zimmerman or anything.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

:D

7. audreyld

audreyld Guest

:)

I agree that in general people are WAY too starstruck. Celebrities are just people, though they can get away with pitiful personal hygiene habits.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I don't get starstruck over the people I cover. I don't get starstruck over most of the famous people that show up at things I cover.

If, however, I was ever in the same room with any mid-90s pop group member, I might pass out.

9. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I was trying to think of a brush with greatness and was striking out, but I saw you at that Super Bowl, I'm sure. The next year, I shared a trolley up to Qualcomm with Hollywood Henderson. I was standing and he sat right next to me, so I got to stare down at his shaved and tatted head. I don't think many people recognized him on that car.

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Someday, I hope to meet Ryan Sonner and John D. Villareal.

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Was he dunking?

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Was the nightclub on Church Street?

Draft saved Draft deleted