1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Recent celebrity sighting (here's mine, add yours) ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Claws for Concern, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Cliff from Cheers. His college student son apparently lives in my apartment complex.

I was walking in from the parking garage toward the elevator and there's a door before you get to the elevator. He opened the door for me and I thanked him. I knew it was Cliff, but didn't say the obvious ... "Hey, thanks Cliffy!"

Anyone else have a recent story to share like this one?

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

John Ratzenberger is now much more famous to a younger generation for the host of Pixar characters he has played, starting with Ham in Toy Story. What a film Toy Story was.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You should have said, "Three people who have never been in my kitchen." Or living room, or whatever it was he said.

4. I once shook hands with Brooke Shields in church - during mass.
    She was in college and dating a guy from my home town.
    She came into church (I'm Catholic) and everybody started whispering - Nobody really believed it was Brooke.
    As we were exchanging "Peace be with" greetings,I turned around and there is Brooke Shields larger than life wating to take my hand.
    As she was leaving, one of our nosier churchgoers askedher if she was indeed Brooke Shields. She was taller than I expected.

Once, I also saw Joe DiMaggio in Dinky Donuts.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I saw Tony from 24, Peyton Manning, the cast of Friends, Britney Spears, Anna Nicole Smith and Troy Aikman at the Kentucky Derby.

Carlos Bernard (Tony Almeida) gave me 100 bucks just for opening the door and being nice to him and his party.

I saw Anna Nicole my freshman year when I was working in the parking lot at Churchill. Both her bodyguards had to carry her from Millionaire Row to her limo because she was so drunk she couldn't walk.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I once saw Dee Snider shopping at Costco.

I'm not sure what's more pathetic: That he was there or that seeing him qualifies, for me, as a celebrity sighting. Sigh.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Michael Jordan at a Circle K near the Met.

8. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

I met Matthew McConaughey and Jaime Pressley a few years ago on seperate occasions. Both were very cool. McConaughey was at the same club as I was at a nearby table. Most of our respective parties were out dancing or at the bar. He actually came over to ask me something. We started chitchattin about this and that and hung out most of the night. He ended up picking up our tab, so he's got a fan in me for life. :)

9. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

I saw the lady doc from Prison Break at an auto race. Like most actresses, she's hotter on TV than in real life.
    Same goes for Mrs. Dario Franchitti (Ashley Judd). She walks around the race track wearing a hooded sweatshirt and no makeup. Can't say that I blame her, but disappointing nonetheless to eyeball an A-level hottie looking like a women's semipro football player.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Just read the thread title. This wasn't a recent sighting, obviously.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Flying back from my honeymoon in San Diego, Mrs. Angola! and I got bumped to first class and sat across the aisle from Bill Walton. He let me read his N.Y. Times, but then yelled at me not to bend the pages because he hadn't read it yet.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

About two years ago, saw Mr. Miyagi his-own-self walking around downtown Burbank. That was a thrill and a half. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted