1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rec softball gone too far

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Kevin Morales, Aug 2, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Didn't it go something like, "YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME OUTSIDE THE OFFICE!"

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

That sounds like a beautiful moment.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

You are correct, sir.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You look very authoritative arguing with an umpire in white plaid shorts and a purple t-shirt, lemme' fuckin' tell ya...

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Jim Rome is played out, but his "Softball Guy" take was just classic.

"The guy stepping into the batter's box with eye black, two batting gloves, wristbands, pants and stirrups, swinging a $300 bat and nicknaming himself 'Hollywood'"

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Shorts, all the time. A hat and a glove. Pitched the other night and snared two linedrives hit right back to the box. People gotta tell themselves it's just about going out there and having some fun.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

As long as the shorts aren't the old, tight coach ones, then you are good in my book.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Nah, gym shorts. Not baggy fab 5 like shorts, but nothing that gives anyone an idea of the topography of my nutsack either.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Saw a guy at a beer league game last week and he was wearing a "69" jersey and I damn near lost it.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I have no problem with gym shorts, when I use to play that is what I would wear. No need to show the rest of the old-man softball players what my package looks like.

11. Googlaw

Googlaw Member

Could. Not. Agree. More!

12. Flash

Flash Guest

In the beer leagues, there's usually one on every team. Same with the dolts who have .08. I've even seen 911.

I can't imagine people still find that interesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted