1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rebecca Schaeffer's killer stabbed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 28, 2007.

1. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

Couldn't agree more, although I do enjoy seeing dumbass fans who run onto football fields and get pummeled by a linebacker. My personal feeling is if someone runs onto the field the people on the field should be allowed to use their equipment to take them out. ie baseball bat, hockey stick, linebacker/ big hitting safety, and for the NBA well, if Stephen Jackson is there he can just shoot them.

As for Bartman... I enjoy watching the Cubs lose so, he gets a pass.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Doesn't happen much in hockey. The glass, upon which a Flames fan almost hung himself by the balls, is a major deterrent.

And ... RIP Patti.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I recall some guy - might have been in Quebec - trying to jump into the Sabres bench and getting pummeled by Rob Ray.

Oh yeah, and don't forget the guy who fell into the penalty box with Tie Domi in Philly.

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

All I have to say is what goes around comes around.....

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Poor bastard.

6. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Mike Curtis to the courtesy phone...

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The fuck it wasn't.

Fuck Alex Gonzales too.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

When I saw this story online the other day, it was linked as 'Actress' murderer stabbed in prison' and the first thing I thought of was "I hope this was the bastard who killed Rebecca Schaeffer."

Which may or may not make me a really sad person.

But I liked her, and I loved "My Sister Sam." May this man suffer many more times over.

9. I'm pretty sure I have this right: Jeffrey Dahmer was clubbed to death along with another inmate by a lunatic in prison who apparently didn't have any idea who he was. Not that many tears were shed after Dahmer's passing, of course.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, that was 35 years ago.

We need some fresher video than that; we need ESPN highlights of some moron deciding to run on the field, and getting just absolutely lit up by blunt instruments wielded by the security crew, leaving the field strapped to a stretcher, and then we need the local judges to say "too bad, so sad" when the case comes to court when they get out of intensive care about six months later. "When you decided to run on the field/court, you forfeited any protection from the law. And you wanna know something, sonny boy? If the security guards ended up KILLING you, that'd be all right too. Better you than Monica Seles, Rebecca Schaefer, John Lennon, Tom Gamboa or Barry Bonds."

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted