1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rebecca Schaeffer's killer stabbed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.comcast.net/entertainment/index.jsp?cat=ENTERTAINMENT&fn=/2007/07/28/726019.html&cvqh=itn_killerstabbed

He lived, was treated and returned to prison.
    I'm sure most of us are asking two questions:
    1). Why didn't the stabber finish the job?
    2). What took those inmates so long?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Good.

He'll get another chance.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Tears fail to flow.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This guy, and Gunther Parche, are Exhibits 1A and 1B in my long-running belief that any time any fan runs onto the playing or performing surface at a sports contest or music concert, he needs to be put down, lights-out, down for the count, immediately.

While nobody has more disdain for Barry Bonds than I do, I was amazed/aghast a couple weeks ago when some dickhead fan runs out on the field to him. He never should have made it more than three steps onto the turf before he was instantly sent to the severe-head-injuries ward for about 6 months.

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Justice!

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Add people that interfere with balls in play to that list. Steve Bartman would have gotten the death penalty (not a Cubs fan, just a baseball fan who can't stand instances like that).

7. markvid

markvid Guest

It was prison...I'd put odds the weapon wasn't the best.

8. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

They can make a pretty good shank in prison without a lot of trying. It very well could have been a good weapon. But obviously not good enough.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Could not agree more.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

See Loeb, Richard and Dahmer, Jeffrey for reference.

11. EE94

EE94 Guest

The Bartman ball wasn't in play. It was in the stands. Give the guy a break.

12. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

And if the Cubs would have just turned the double play opportunity they had later in the inning, Bartman doesn't matter.

Just like the Cardinals had the opportunity to overcome the Denkinger mistake.

Now, back to the thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted