1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reasons for thanks, even in this business...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by WriteThinking, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Joe says things better than i do. I realize not all higher ups are evil, but I am thinking most truly are. I really agree with what he said in the above quotation. I am Thankful for many things. As far as this business, I just can't sit back and be thankful for a paycheck when objectively speaking I know after studying the facts that I am providing the company a hell of a bargain with my production compared to my shrinking salary. To those out of work, I am sorry and my prayers go to you daily. I'll be out of work before long as most of us will and I'm sure I'll miss the income but not be thankful for my past income which I have earned. I feel for us all as we try to get the kids through school at least.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Most people are not evil. But a lot of people are just looking out for themselves.

3. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

I can buy that, Ace. Evil may be too strong a word, but I do think some of the knife in the back higher ups at my shop may truly be evil.

4. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Outta my way, Ace and Fredrick!

Draft saved Draft deleted