1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reason to worry?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Some colleges give a full ride to Eagle scouts. Not aware of many chicks that do, though.

BDC99, Big Circus, dixiehack and 2 others like this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My son went through Cub Scouts but went to only one Boy Scouts meeting before both he and I were ready to move on. In our experience, the kids who stayed with scouts did so with a lot of urging-on from their parents, who can be just as committed to it as soccer or volleyball or orchestra parents. My son had begun to move on to other things -- he had already begun to get serious about his music and he also was starting to play school football -- and I never really was into it.

Also, as I was told by one friend who definitely fell into the "scouting parent" category, if a kid's going to make Eagle scout, he's gotta get locked onto it before the two "fumes" -- gasoline fumes and perfume -- get hold of him. If he's already made some investment in it, those won't distract him too badly. If he hasn't, when those hit he's gone.

BDC99 likes this.
  3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

John Tesh was an Eagle Scout. No one got more trim than John Tesh.

Ace and Big Circus like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted