1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reason No. 791 why Keith Olbermann rocks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WScribblySh, Dec 16, 2006.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Awesome show . . . I actually used to leave the bar early to watch it.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

That was a great show. I can remember coming home from HS dances and the late-night pizza runs and plopping down to watch this. Damn, that was good TV: well-written, intelligent and informative.

Sort of like Olbermann. His Special Comments in general -- and the one comparing Bush and his minions to Neville Chamberlain specifically -- are the best-written elements on television today. Period.

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

It won't be long before he torches his career at MSNBC. It's been the way he's operated.

His ratings are too low to be asklng for that kind of money.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Fred Bear is a blogger? I thought he was a bowhunter. And dead.

Then again, he liked hanging out with the Nuge.

[​IMG]

Oh, Fred Bear, walk with me down the trails again
    Take me back, back where I belong
    Oh, Fred Bear, I'm glad to have you at my side, my friend
    And I'll join you in the big hunt before too long
    Before too long

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Man has a right to ask.

Reach for the stars, I say.

They'll say no.

Then the game's afoot.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Considering this is coming from the Post, I'll take it with a grain of salt. Actually, five pounds of salt. This is the same NY Post that called KO a baby for going to the hospital after receiving an envelope filled with an unknown powder. It's also the same NY Post that printed information that may have compromised the FBI's investigation into the matter. Fortunately, it did not.

I don't trust the Post when it comes to reporting on Olbermann because the Post has an agenda. When a more credible news source publishes this information, then I might believe it.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

And it is interesting that the Post has to rely on Nielsen numbers from The Olbermann Watch website.

Draft saved Draft deleted