1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reason No. 791 why Keith Olbermann rocks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WScribblySh, Dec 16, 2006.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

He has many titles.

O'Assclown's calling his show the "No-Spin Zone" is kind of like calling the Lourve the "No-Art Zone."

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

Neidermeyer. DEAD!
    God I miss KO doing NHL highlights.
    I wish MSNBC would let him do 5 minutes of sports a night.

3. tommyp

tommyp Member

"He puts the biscuit in the basket!!"

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I've always enjoyed Olbermann as a broadcaster. SportsCenter reached its peak (and has been on a steady decline since) with Olbermann and Patrick's "Big Show."

Countdown is pretty good stuff... and Olbermann's constant calling-count of O'Reilly and Fox News is entertaining.

Olbermann and Countdown is a welcome alternative to the sea of conservative commentators that dominate cable news.

I just wish Olbermann would do more of his "Special Comments" at the end of the show. Usually pretty thought-provoking stuff.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The fair and balanced NY Post chimes in on KO's contract negotiations:

KEITH Olbermann needs a king-size reality check. The obnoxious MSNBC gabber is trying to squeeze a whopping 400 percent raise out of his cash-strapped network. Broadcasting & Cable reports the liberal loudmouth - known for his unsatisfying one-night stand with a female fan who later blogged about his disappointing bedroom performance - wants to increase his annual $1 million salary to "north of $4 million." But insiders say hell will freeze over before he gets even half that much, considering that NBC Universal is making massive budget cuts to the tune of $750 million. The popular Olbermann Watch Web site, which keeps tabs on the bombastic blabber, is also skeptical. "There's no way [he'll] get $4 million . . . but by asking for that, when the network counteroffers in the $1.5 million range, he'll take it and the network will think it won," said blogger Fred Bear. He continued, " 'Countdown with Keith Olbermann' enjoys a minuscule audience of 469,000, compared to 2.1 million viewers for Fox News' Bill O'Reilly, and a big fat raise is even more doubtful." MSNBC and Olbermann had no comment.

Last night, Countdown had an hour show made up of the Special Comments. I think that it is being replayed later this week.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If you didn't already, set the DVR for the Special Comments show.

It's worth it.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It seems that there are 2.1 million retarded people who do not how to change the channel on their TV sets.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Keith Olbermann is the Larry Brown of cable show hosts.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He's the modern day Dick Cavett or Tom Snyder

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Well, I can see him being a snide dick.

11. I don't recall Cavett or Snyder being as hysterical as Olbermann.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Once upon a time (1982) there was a show called "NBC News Overnight" with Linda Elerbee and Lloyd Dobbins that I considered pretty progressive for its time. It was extremely well written, too. It didn't last terribly long, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted