1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reason 8,00,000 Jesse Jackson is a blackmailer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jul 5, 2006.

1. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

John Kennedy was a civil rights leader and you REV-ER-AND Jackson are no John Kennedy ..you fucking fraud

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

No, John Kennedy had to be dragged by events into being a civil rights "leader."

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Granted, I take being on the diametric opposite side of you as a supreme compliment to myself and my humanity. Yet, I do wonder what "Mr. Dial Tone" is supposed to mean. More vitriolic than "Mr. Busy Signal" or "Mr. Party Line," I assume.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And while everyone is going on about civil rights, the biggest problem right now isn't race, it's class. But no one wants to talk about it because, of course, America is a classless society.

And I'm the King of England.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Bobblehead e WHA73 sono due degli esseri umani più stupidest sul pianeta verde del dio. Sono ashamed ripartire lo stesso bordo del messaggio con loro.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Jesse's preferred situation is to make it appear that he's aiding an oppressed segment . . . but at the end of the day, Jesse
    is all about helping Jesse, Jesse . . . and Jesse. In the Mafia, it's typically called a shakedown. You can be impressed in terms
    of the effectiveness of his act, but no way I'm going to be impressed with the man. What a hustler.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Somone bringing up Obama Barack as their idea of a civil rights leader makes an interesting point to me. I don't think of Obama as "civil rights" leader. I think of him as a U.S. Senator (a very bright man, too) who happens to be a black guy. It's sort of the way I look at a lot of black people I know who are successful at what they do. And I think the point it makes is that this country has changed a great deal for the better over the last 40 years.

I am not arguing this country is color-blind. It isn't. But this is no longer the 1950s and 1960s. Men like Martin Luther King, Jr.. Ralth Abernathy, Malcon X, Bobby Seale (whether you think any or all of them were leaders), etc. were a product of their time. This is why there are no Martin Luther King Jrs. today. There are no longer Jim Crow laws. And while bigotry surely still exists in this country (in more subtle way), we have really come a long ways since the days when true "civil rights leaders" were fighting for basic civil liberties and dignities.

8. Ragu --
    Our basic civil liberties are more threatened right now by the operating concept under which the Executive is acting than they've ever been in my lifetime. However, the notion that race does not still matter to a degree with which this country should be uncomfortable is, I think, belied by events.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Two separate issues, FB. This administration may be threatening certain civil liberties with some of its actions, but even so I am not quite as alarmist as you are. Our country is very resilient and our constitution very strong. I used to get really alarmed by things I'd see and at a certain point I realized that throughout history there have always been instances of some patently "un-Amierican" things done in the name of protecting America--beginning probably with the Alien & Sedition Acts, which was shocking in that they were enacted during the time the framers of the constitution were still around. I honestly believe that if this country could survive Richard Nixon, it can survive just about anything. George Bush pales in comparison.

As for civil rights for blacks, which is a separate issue, I don't see these times doing anything in particular to erode the gains that have been made. I have too many college-educated, fairly affluent black friends whose parents grew up without the opportunities they have had to believe that we haven't made great strides and that the playing field continues to level. Black-white issues nowadays are less "equality of opportunity" issues than they are class issues. More blacks live in poverty--the result no doubt of where we were even 25 or 30 years ago in terms of the lack of opportunities. The best thing you can do to lift people out of poverty, though, is to give them opportunity, and in that department, I go back to what I said earlier--this country has progressed, which is one reason why you don't see the kinds of civil unrest and the types of leaders you saw in the 1960s.

10. bobblehead

bobblehead Guest

You know Fenian, there is medical treatment for paranoia. And you sure have got it with this administration.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's not paranoia with this bunch of fucktards...

12. bobblehead

bobblehead Guest

No, us "fucktards" are quite confident in the way things are going and don't hit the panic button just to appease our political base. Face it - the dems have had their ass kicked for two terms and they've finally found something to politically manipulate. At no time other than Vietnam have the peaceniks jumped up and said immoral war. Ask the damn Iraqi PM. Ask the Kurds about the damn war. Sure, there are some hitches, but hell, you put thousands of people in a stressful situation and someone's going to do something stupid. Does that condemn the entire military agenda? Dumbass.

Draft saved Draft deleted