1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reason 8,00,000 Jesse Jackson is a blackmailer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jul 5, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

OK, that's different. I didn't think I was debating 'yabbott. But I don't think Jesse is protesting against sexual mores; he's protesting how blacks are treating by business. So the bastard-child thing is irrelevant.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Don't feel like looking up the details, but a few years ago he went to Toyota, told them they lacked racial diversity, the execs at the company freaked and paid him his blackmail. He went away. In this case, he is hitching his scam to a populist issue. Few people are going to focus on the fact that he really is just a blackmailer, because he is taking on an unlikeable industry. It's smart. It deflects the attention from the fact that what he is really doing is running a blackmail scheme. But let's be realistic about who and what Jesse Jackson is. He found one truly amazing scheme to keep his pockets lined and he has run the grift over and over again to perfection. I actually don't think he is the brightest guy in the world--a dolt compared to Al Sharpton, for example--but heck, I probably shouldn't be criticizing his intelligence when he is clearly smart enough to stick with the tried and true and run it to perfection each time.

3. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

I don't necessarily agree/disagree with everything Dool's is saying, but jeepers, creepers, Poindexter, you sure have a bad habit of jumping to conclusions. You're like the Bob Beamon of overjumping to conclusions.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

That means he can only do it well when he's way above sea level?

;D

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That would imply that I only did it one, stupendous time. I'd like to think of myself as more of the Mike Powell of overjumping. Or perhaps Mike Conley or Jonathan Edwards.

6. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

You are correct, sir, by your own admission.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Ding! We have a winner!

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Forgive me, but I'm still trying to figure out how much "8,00,000" is.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

It's one incompletely pushed zero away from being a real number

;D

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I guess one man's "blackmail" is another man's "deal brokering".

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

An epic shakedown artist.

And you thought the garden-variety Mafiosi were slick, in this area.

Jesse's the MAN.

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Thank you! That was driving me crazy.

Draft saved Draft deleted