1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reason 8,00,000 Jesse Jackson is a blackmailer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jul 5, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou060702_cd_jessejackson5.1c18dbee.html

I guess he needs more money, and he found a new target.

I wonder how many non-blacks are in the Rainbow Coalition upper levels?

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Again, you're hating the messenger and glossing over the message. The message is that oil prices are getting criminally high, but so many other people are wanting to focus on the fact that it's the Rev who's spreading that message.

Good job, guys. Way to focus.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, but Cindy Sheehan is hugging him! Worse than a Mengele/Dahmer hugging picture would be, apparently.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

No, Alley.
    Of course gas prices are high.
    But would Jesse be protesting them if his shakedown for more $$$ is successful?

6. poindexter

Jesse's main concern is that someone's making a lot of money in oil, and its not *him*.

7. poindexter

Driven by greed, “Just greed galore,” said Jackson.

Oh, that is rich.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

But you only need two reasons to prove he's a black male ...

9. markvid

markvid Guest

DING DING DING!

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As opposed to the oil companies, which are driven by altruism. Boy, it's disheartening, on a journalism message board, to see people constantly write off public protest as wingnuttery. Way to defend the First Amendment, y'all.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Dools, the last thing Jesse is about is the First Amendment, he's about how much money can I make without doing any work.

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I basically assume that pretty much anyone talking about gas prices publicly is committing some form of demogoguery and that is doubly true for Da Rev. Yes, oil prices are high. But just yelling greed at the top of your lungs isn't solving the problem. To pretend that gas prices aren't complex isn't solving the problem. But Jesse has never been about solving the problem: he is about using the problem to the advantage of Jesse Jackson.

Draft saved Draft deleted