1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reason 5796 why ESPN stinks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Dec 31, 2008.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It took the Baseball Network starting up for ESPN to actually realize that maybe people want to watch popular sports on ESPN Classic. Now that the Baseball Network is providing some competition, ESPN is going to air some classic games - I assume it will be replacing their standard fare of rodeo, billiards, and stale boxing.

http://bizofbaseball.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=57&Itemid=122

This is why ESPN needs competition.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention 20-year-old lips from a defunct professional wrestling group.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This better not cut into my rodeo and poker viewing time.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

as long as they don't take out bowling I'll be happy.

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

ESPN Classic has wasted more potential than Derrick Coleman and Michael Ray Richardson.

6. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I thought you were going to bring up the upcoming Lil Wayne vs. Skip Bayless matchup on First and 10 next tuesday.

7. Please tell me this is a misfired attempt at humor.

8. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Unfortunately, it's true.

9. Good lord.
    Dana Andrews will be drinking again by 10:45.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think that anyone who watches 1st and 10 has a brain deficiency.

11. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Anyone who was lucky enough to have received Classic Sports Network remembers just how great this channel could have been. Once it was bought by ESPN it steadily declined into the useless shitbox it now is.

Good for them to show more actual classic games, but Orioles - Royals from 1990? What is compelling about that, other than it was once on ESPN? Why would anyone watch this? The ratings will be miniscule, then ESPN will claim people just don't want to watch old games.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Is this still the 1980s? I believe we reached reason No. 5,796 somewhere around 1989.

Seriously. Aren't we up to reason No. 108,975 by now?

Draft saved Draft deleted