1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reason #137 we love sports: Edison Miranda's amazing story of hope

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rokski2, May 25, 2007.

1. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Edison Miranda is a boxer from Colombia. He just fought this past weekend (and lost badly by TKO) and HBO offered this very well-done featurette on him. I would love to have half of the courage of this guy. If you're the sappy type, bring tissues. I think the story starts a few minutes in:

Amazing guy. It's easy to forget how good we have it in this country (in general) sometimes. This certainly woke me up.
  2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Probably should have kept his mouth shut about wanting to fight Taylor until he could figure out a way to beat Kelly Pavlik, though.
  3. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Good point. He definitely talked a lot of junk. I'll tell you what, though, if I were Taylor I would stay as far away from Pavlik as possible. That guy hardly flinched when Miranda hit him and Miranda has incredibly heavy hands. Taylor would have to run the whole fight to have a shot, IMO.
  4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I think it'd be a good fight. Pavlik looked very in control, very unflappable, but I'm not about to suggest Jermain Taylor would be overmatched.
  5. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

I'm so underwhelmed with Taylor. Not only has he not progressed, he seems to have actually regressed. He's a great, down to earth guy (or he was, anyway), but I think he's lost his drive. Just my take.
  6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Yeah he had it bad in Columbia...but Pavlik's Youngstown, Ohio is no picnic either.
Draft saved Draft deleted