1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Really, no Office thread tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Paraphrasing, but my favorite exchange was:

"Make 10 copies of the journals."
    Toby's hand goes up.
    "Make that 11."

2. Sly

Sly Active Member

Excellent recovery from the Survivorman debacle. This show is always best when the characters show their vulnerabilities and Steve Carrell did an excellent job of that in this episode. It was also interesting in the fact that this was the first Office episode that seemed a little sad and dark. I thought it was best episode of the season, though. Hopefully this writer's strike ends sooner rather than later, but I doubt we're going to see a Christmas episode, which has traditionally always been the best of the season.

3. Canuck Pappy

Canuck Pappy Member

It was easily the best episode of the season. When Toby was pouring out his heart to Michael Scott in the cafeteria and then Michael shoves his the tray off the table....just awesome. I don't lol very often but I laughed out loud during that scene. Just brilliant.

4. I totally agree that its a shame we probably won't get a Christmas episode- as a little Jewish boy, my only taste of Christmas is watching other's celebrate it on TV. Sad day.

Ha. JK

But seriously- it has been the best episode of every season thus far--- and last season's Christmas episode was probably my favorite epsiode to date---- that one really showed the vulnerability of the cast. It was brilliant.

And best line of last night was right after lunch- when they were reading what Michael said about Ryan being the only person as hot as Jan...

Tobi chuckling at the comment was just hysterical.

5. Mira

Mira Member

Michael: Come again?
    Michael: That's what she said.

I was rolling on the floor. Cracked me up.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Talks are starting again right after Thanksgiving. Maybe it will be quick like the auto workers strike.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if Michael is really a corporate guy, or he was just glad to hear someone say he's a nice guy - and that was enough for him. But the episode also showed Michael isn't that dumb, as he mentioned Jan already having brought the diary with her before seeing the topless photo.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

For those missing Creed, make sure to check out this deleted scene:
    http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/video/#mea=184156

Draft saved Draft deleted