1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Really, no Office thread tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Strongest effort of the season in my opinion. So many laugh out loud moments, especially with the Toby-Michael tete-a-tete at corporate. Usually I notice it if Creed isn't involved, but Kelly's antics more than made up for it tonight.

"Your boyfriend needs steroids just to watch baseball."

Awesome.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Pam getting all jealous and upset this week was kind of fun. Dwight and Mose at the very end too.

It got really tense at the end with the deposition and the guy from corporate. And in the end, Michael proved what a company man he is. Should be interesting to see what happens with him and Jan in a year or two, whenever the strike ends. And the Toby talk at lunch, simply hysterical.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Has anyone ever looked as hot wearing casual office dress than Jenna Fischer? Goodness.

4. Might have been its smartest episode ever. The back and forth of the deposition was great. Not sure why, but I was sort of rooting for it to be over with Jan. I did, however, like the end when they were bickering about Chinese being too expensive, hours after they were giddy about $4 million.

5. Giggity

Giggity Member

This episode was like when you're having sex with your girlfriend right before she goes away on a trip, and she might be back in a week, or six months, or six years, or never, and the sex is awesome, but you don't really enjoy it as much as it deserves because you know it's the last crack you'll get at that shit for awhile.

6. NDub

NDub Guest

Only a guy with the name of Giggity would use a sex analogy in an Office thread.

7. Are there no more episodes after this one because of the writer's strike??

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Dwight and his table tennis fanboy-ism was terrific. So was Kelyl getting all ghetto since she;s banging Daryl.

"They hang off me lady's chest" I almost pissed myself.

Great episode.

And I echo the Jenna Fischer hotness is business casual attire.

9. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

That's the word on the street.

The best "That's what she said"s of any episode.

(Long-winded question)
    Michael: Come again?
    Michael: That's what she said.

10. The shot of Ryan sitting at the cafeteria table with all the other 5 o'clock shadowed MBAs was terrific, as well. Very "Simpsons"-esque.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Rolling "that's what she said" into the deposition and having the lawyers get confused about what Michael was insinuating was brilliant.

Some other favorites:

JAN: "That way we don't leave anything to chance ... or Michael's judgment."

Q: "How long have you known the plaintiff?"
    A: "I haven't seen it, but I have seen 'The Firm,' and I plan on watching 'The Pelican Brief.'

MICHAEL: "I can't believe you stole my diary and gave it to your lawyer."
    JAN: "You emailed a topless photo of me to everyone in the company. Let's call it even."
    MICHAEL: "Fine. I love you."
    JAN: "I love you, too."

12. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I also liked Kevin's line about the trip expenses.

"I usually get Oscar to balance mine." (or something like that)

And his standard - "Awesome!" when he saw the makeshift ping-pong table.

Damn good episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted