1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Really Cracker Barrel? You had to go there?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Aug 11, 2009.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Love Cracker Barrel to death. Just hate one thing.

We cannot ever go on a Sunday morning after tennis, because it's always a wait of 45 minutes or more. And I kind of like long, relaxing Sunday morning breakfasts at CB.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I used to live about a half-mile from a Cracker Barrell. That's a bad, bad thing.

The breakfast there is better than sex.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

School started Monday in some parts of Florida.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

They do make one hell of a hash brown casserole. Love their eggs in a basket breakfast.

But as others have said, breakfast is the key meal there. I would never get anything else.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Never?

I've eaten dinner there several times. It's pretty damn good.

A few years ago, my younger brother was the lead cook at a Cracker Barrell. Said everything on the menu was made from scratch.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I clicked this thread expecting to read about racism or homophobia that are usually attached to CB.

Isn't this the place that wouldn't let gays work there?

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've tried their dinner stuff before. Bland. Boring.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

There's no kinda sorta hate Christmas for me, Dixie.

I have grown to hate it, for starters, for the very thing you experienced at Cracker Barrel.

That kind of jump on holiday sales of goods *this* early is just one of a number of reasons why I can do without the holidays. Obscene!!

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

that one meal - I think it's called Uncle Hobart's Breakfast - rules because it includes a bowl of grits.

10. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

July 30, MM II????

That's ridiculous!!! I thought a high-end dept. store in my neighborhood mall's having Christmas decorations up on *Oct. 1* was out of line (which it is!!!)!

11. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I used to go to one in Kentucky. Always got the chicken tenders for dinner and they make some fine collard/mustard greens.

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

It's called "Uncle Herschel's" breakfast and while delicious, it includes nails to drive into your aorta as you help end your life bite by bite.

Spnited, expecting anything decent from Cracker Barrel in New York is like expecting to find super lox and bagels in Mississippi or Alabama. But at least you tried.

Draft saved Draft deleted