1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Really bad names

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WazzuGrad00, Nov 4, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dixie Hack

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Former Charlotte women's hoops player Ivana Mandic - unfortunately, can't find her profile online. But that search led me to this:

http://www.shupirates.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=52797&SPID=5501&DB_OEM_ID=12600&ATCLID=655014&Q_SEASON=2006

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Was hanging out with some friends after the wife becamse pregnant, and my wife (well, girlfriend at that point) was talking to the father about names. He was talking about Portugese names (he runs a restaurant and employs a lot of Brazilians) and my wife said, "You know what Portugese name I've always thought was beautiful? Aurelia." He says, "What, like the part around a girl's nipple?"

Later in the conversation, he joked that if the baby was a girl, he was going to drown it in the bathtub. It was, and oddly enough, he hasn't. (They went with Sophie as her name.)

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hugh Munn was the lead investigator in the Sarah Smith case many years ago.

I know a guy who played minor league baseball against a guy named Dick Whistle.

5. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

We ran local kids' birthdays in our old paper, and there was a girl whose name was pronounced "Cheyenne." Not so bad, but it was spelled "Shy-Anne."

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

DeCody Fagg
    Craphonso Thorpe

Non-FSU division: Dick Such, Dick Pole, Rusty Kuntz, Dicky Nutt, Dick Nutter, Dick Pound, Jim Bob Cooter

7. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

Ha, I forgot about Craphonso ... that one cracked me up.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Rusty Kuntz anyone?

Misty Himen is another classic.

9. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Former Providence star God Shamgod.

Kid on a local football team is Harrison Johnson. Hadn't heard of him until he made a big play and one of the team stat guys says "Harry Johnson" and laughs.

My aunt is a teacher and a coworker had a student named Shithead. Apparently it was pronounced She-thayed. The teacher made a point of figuring out how to pronounce it before the first day of school. "When I call you name, say 'here'. Shithead...."

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Don't forget Misty's brother, Buster Hymen.

11. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I know a guy who's last name is Wiener. His mom's maiden name is Balls.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

At least we know what the kid'll get on his or her 18th birthday: A new name and a hand gun.

Draft saved Draft deleted