1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reality show suitor now a murder suspect

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 19, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A guy who is "competing" on VH1's Megan Wants a Millionaire is currently being sought as a person of interest in the death of a swimsuit model. Her body was found in a suitcase dumped in a garbage bin.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,540460,00.html

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Megan Wants A Homicidal Maniac.

Honestly, given the sheer batshit craziness and desperate desire for 15 minutes of fame possessed by most reality show contestants, I am shocked this doesn't happen more often.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

GODDAMMIT HE WAS THE HOT ONE!

Son of a bitch.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I don't know about murder, but DNA will prove he's a douchebag, like every other tool on these reality shows.

5. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Nancy Grace was talking about this case last night, and kept using the phrase, "reality show celebrity" to ID him.

I wish she -- and other show hosts -- would not assign the word "celebrity" to these people. They all are *contestants*. In no way, should they ever be considered *celebrities*. Calling them that gives them reason to think they're getting somewhere toward joining genuine celebrities.

They aren't. They are just people who were/are *contestants* on these shows.

And from the way some of these people who are contestants on these shows come across, they all seem to need a dose of genuine reality.

6. imjustagirl

Except anyone on TV in a non-news role (i.e. before this guy was a murder suspect) is a celebrity. They get invited to red carpets. They get published in mags.

You can argue that they SHOULDN'T be celebs. But they are, in this society, and thanks to people like me. :D

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

On a positive note, he's available.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

When we all have our video blogs, we'll all be celebrities!

"I'm blogging.

I'm vlogging.

I'm tweeting my twitter!"

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Contestant implies that people on these shows win something of value.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Of course, "reality show" also implies they're just turning on the cameras and pointing, when in fact most of these are as scripted as any sitcom.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I smell a developing pen pal relationship.

12. imjustagirl

Well, he IS Canadian...so I COULD get citizenship...

Draft saved Draft deleted