1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Realistically, what's the highest USF can finish?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 7, 2007.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Will your tribe take you back after agreeing with the Nicktator? ;)

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I thought they were going to hire Kevin Steele...

3. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Or this guy:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I think of myself as someone who sides with morality in every case. For instance, like Saban, I love Oatmeal Cream Pies.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Uh huh. They all say that. What else is he gonna' say? "Sure, its a lousy atmosphere when only 30,000 are in it and the Bucs get most of the revenue from the deal, but its not like Gallagher's watermelon smashing gives him enouh cash to donate the cash for an on-campus joint." Plus we heard this argument with Minnesota for years. "Landlocked campus downtown....no room to build....long-term arrangement with the Metrodome...sharing with vikings helps recruiting...." When does their building open again? Is it next year or the year after :)

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That would get us a playoff... ;D

7. boots

boots New Member

If the Bulls are unbeaten, would they get a shot at the national title? I doubt it. Look at Boise last year.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Naw....

As a member of a BCS conference, USF -- should it go undefeated -- would have a better shot at a title game than Hawaii, Boise or (dare I say it), Ohio U. It has a quality road win (Auburn) and would have beaten the likes of Louisville, Rutgers, West Virginia, Connecticut and Cincinnati.
    Working against da Bulls is the Big East not having enough members to have a title game, which means teams from the Big 12, SEC and ACC will have at least one extra game to play after USF finishes its season. Since college football is predicated on "what have you done lately?" it would give other teams a chance to move into that game. To dismiss, USF because it isn't from a BCS conference is pure folly.

9. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Jimbo Fisher is probably in line to be their next coach. Kevin Steele and his 9-36 head coaching record will either be a lifelong defensive coordinator or take a less attractive head coaching job.

10. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

What it would take is, first, for someone to come up with a plan by which a playoff could be conducted without the NCAA being involved. The conference commissioners don't want to give up control of the $$. Solve that problem, and you're more than halfway home to a playoff. Leave it unsolved, and you're still at your own 1-yard line.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Excellent pernt...

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think USF can finish in the top two. I just think Ohio State, USC, Oklahoma, South Carolina and maybe a couple others will have to have two losses for that to happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted