1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Realistically, what's the highest USF can finish?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 7, 2007.

1. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I bet BC jumps them this week.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Certainly possible. In my SJ poll ballot I had BC 5 and USF 9 last week, and this week they move to 4 and 6, respectively.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Of course, BC has yet to beat an opponent currently ranked in the Top 25 opponent and just beat I-AA UMass by 10 last week. I don't see any reason for BC to jumps the Bulls this week.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

BC is the new Wisconsin. They're there and we have no idea why. Name me one quality team they've beaten so far and we're now at the midway part of the season.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

BC won its non-conference game by a far wider margin, and voters are a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately lot.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

As a voter, I wouldn't care about that. BC's beaten no opponents now ranked in the top 25; USF has wins at Auburn and against the Mountaineers. If BC gets a pass for UMass, USF ought to get one for FAU.

But again, that's just me.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Right, but the voters might not feel that way, and fair or not, that's what's on the table right now. They may well see "ew, trouble against Florida Atlantic" and dock them.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

They didn't dock BC last week. In fact, with all the upsets, they took a giant leap up.

9. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I'll put BC's non-conference this way: A 1-5 Notre Dame team is by far the toughest non-ACC team they will face this season.

Smoke and mirrors, they will slip up at least twice.

10. USF is up to No. 5 in the AP poll.

11. Joel_Goodsen

Joel_Goodsen Member

If South Florida goes undefeated and is one of only two undefeateds they will be in the national championship game, mark it down.

They beat Auburn, they will have had to beat Cinncy, Rutgers, Louisville and West Virginia who are all or all have been ranked at some point this year.

That being said, they will lose at least twice so the point is moot.

12. I just want to know where Leavitt will be coaching next season. LSU after Miles goes to Michigan?

Draft saved Draft deleted