1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real World Sydney Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by melock, Aug 20, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh YES, Ace is on my all-RW team. Yumtastic.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Oh dear Jesus, Ace is gorgeous. I've become a big Johnny Bananas fan, too, but wasn't when he was on the show...only since he joined challenges.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yep, once the rest of the cast started wondering why the "old guy" was on the show.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

That all sounds like jealously of JDV - the man, the myth the legend - to me.

5. Inky_Wretch

No jealousy at all. Seeing as how progressively vapid the RW casts have gotten over the years, I'm sure they consider anybody older than 30 to be old.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Can't find it on Youtube, but it reminds me of the SNL skit where Norm Macdonald was playing Bob Dole on the Real World.

"That's Bob Dole's chair!"

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

But it's JDV! He's a icon no?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So have they officially banned foreigners from the show? Should be interesting seeing how the ladies react to not being THE "hot one" for the first time in their lives. And Persian is the most color they could get from this cast? huh?

9. Inky_Wretch

Other than Pedro from San Fran, have they had many Hispanic cast members over the years? Or Asian-Americans? Or even Native Americans?

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

They've had several Asian-Americans, I think. Unless some were on Road Rules and I only know them from RW/RR challenges.

11. Inky_Wretch

I haven't watched the show in years, but from the glimspes I've seen I don't remember any since Pam from SF.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

There was a girl named Janet...was she Road Rules?

I'd have to go find a list of all housemates to see.

Draft saved Draft deleted