1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real World New Orleans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

And I'd hit Mackenzie with my ... uh ... yeah.

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

...Crowbar?

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Her last two seasons were embarrassingly bad.

And can we kill the hairdresser guy?

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I am ashamed to admit that in my desperation for don't-have-to-pay-attention background programming while working, I am watching this season on on-demand.

First off, these are children -- there was a time when, as shitty as this show was, they at least tried to cast some people with some kind of ambition or something going for them in life.

Second, I don't know that I've ever hated someone on television more than this Ryan prick. He embodies everything that's wrong -- complete lack of self-awareness, sense of entitlement, laziness, cowardice, failure to anticipate consequences -- and with not a single offsetting positive quality. I'd pay good money to punch that kid.

5. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

The punch that Darrell landed on Brad in one of the most recent Challenges was absolutely brutal. I think even Rudy T cringed a little.

6. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Back to New Orleans, originally one of the lamest seasons of RW? (along with London)

Whatever. I'd rather watch Jersey Shore.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

London was pretty lame.

I never watched any episodes of Back to New York, Key West, or Hollywood. Didn't watch much of the original New Orleans one or the Chicago one either.

Best RW seasons, for my money, were Hawaii and Miami. And L.A. The Jon-Tami shit was awesome. Honorable mentions to S.F. and Paris, simply for the asshole component (Puck and C.T.).

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The hairdresser is just like Stephen from Seattle. He will be on a reunion show talking about his boyfriend.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Random thought: Did Ashlee just bring a crapload of Northeastern basketball stuff down with her or is the entire cast sharing the one hoodie and one t-shirt? Seems like everyone is wearing Northeastern basketball gear at some point.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I mentioned the same thing to the wife the other night when we were watching. EVERYONE, at one point or another, is wearing a freaking NE hoodie.

That Ashlee chick is growing on me, though. Not the hottest, but hot enough considering she seems to be the only one in the house with a lick of sense.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Eric is one of the most uninteresting characters in the history of the Real World franchise. Dude brings nothing to the show other than a random pining for Sahar, which of course goes unrequited.

That said, I suspect he'll be a star on the challenges at some point, the sort of no-nonsense, athletic guy who will totally get under Kenny and Wes' skin.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. I think the producers, early in the process, quit trying to find something interesting about Eric. Just terrible.

And that Sahar....ugh....can she sound more nasaly (sp)? So annoying.

Draft saved Draft deleted