1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real World New Orleans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Jul 2, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Anyone watch the first episode the other night? Yikes. Quite a cast. Could be epic debauchery.

Straight white hairdresser who immediately becomes the house d-bag.
    Former women's hoops player at Northeastern.
    Chick from Starkville, Mississippi who..well...she's just a hot mess.

Just a silly cast.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, they're staying at Baron Davis' house.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Looks like they're not even trying to differentiate from the last Real World New Orleans they had about 10 years ago (which featured the classic 'C'mon Be My Baby Tonight' anthem).

I don't watch the show anymore but I see commercials. They're all hot messes, that pretty much sums up casting these days.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

There is also a girl named Sahara who got down with one of my friends. Girl gets around. Should be a fun season to see all the STD's she passes around.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

This show is still on?

The Miz weeps.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The RW/RR challenges are superior. It doesn't take a few episodes before the hate bubbles up. You usually get at least one serious brawl, a break-up and a hook up each season.
    The beat down between CT and Adam in New Zealand (I think?) was a classic.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Just watched this episode on DVR. I love how the first episode or every Real World nowadays involves drinking, a fight and half nudity.

And what an interesting way to spell girl's name, Jemmye.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And to think, this show started out in 1992 (or thereabouts) as a way to see what would happen if seven strangers were thrown together to live in a small apartment.

Now, it's so damn predictable, it's not even interesting. Girls hook up with guys in the house. Guys hook up with girls in the house. Girl hooks up with guy not in the house, guy who lives in the house who likes girl gets jealous. Guy hooks up with girl who doesn't live in house, girl who lives in house gets jealous. Gay person feels out of place, until they hit a gay bar, then they feel like they belong in the world. Born again Christian wags their finger at gay person, tells them they're going to hell, then hooks up with someone in a bar and gets their hypocrisy pointed out to them. They start bawling about how no one understands them, and they listen to their parents lecture them over the phone about how they are now going to hell. Girl brings her cute sister to the house, guy decides he likes the sister, and pisses off the older sister. Oh yeah, and there's fighting. Lots and lots of fighting. Fingers in the peanut butter jar. Arguments over picking up picture negatives off the floor. Slapping annoying girl in the face as she leaves in a car. Screaming over use of the telephone. Pulling girls out of their beds. Oh yeah, and stupid names for significant others like Timber and Vaj. All that, and more, on the cable channel for music videos for an entire generation.

That about sums it up.

Oh, and Julie was hot.

8. DanOregon

I always wondered how MTV gets away with the whole serving alcohol to minors thing.

Denver was the last good season.

9. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

That fight was just nuts. Didn't a lot of the cast blame the producers for CT being there? He's a hothead to begin with and his brother had just passed away. I think he and Diem had just broken up too.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Those challenges are hardly worth watching without CT, though Wes tries his best to fill that asshole role.

11. DanOregon

Abram was kind of a beast - until he mellowed out.
    Tonya was always good TV.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Watched 10 minutes of it last night. That said, I'd love to hit Ryan with a crowbar.

Draft saved Draft deleted