1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real World: HOLLYWOOD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Dave is fucking hot. That is all.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

MTV is airing an episode and two leprechauns pop up on the screen and have random conversations. WTF?

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

It's like Pop-up Video. I like it.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

To hell with that. Let's see what happens when audience members stop being polite and start getting real, MST3K-style.

That's the only way I'd watch.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

As a journalist, I'm interested to see what happens between the serious, graduated-from-the-Cronkite-school-two-years-early broadcast girl and the I-wanna-look-cute-and-report-on-Brangelina-for-E! ditzy blonde.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd normally say you totally screw yourself out of a job in legit journalism by being on the RealWorld, but it's a different medium these days. Beauty queens, former lobbyists, bikini models and actors have all landed cable news gigs.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Mount Joey erupted last night. And let me ad to the list of things in an episode that make for a great reality television.
    Number 3. Cops (extra points for handcuffs.)
    Number 2. Medics
    Number 1. The show's producers.
    Yep, Joey got sent off to rehab (with Dr. Drew) after devolving into Chucky following a night of drinking, chased with a six pack of beer and two liters of Zinfandel.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Just watching (OK, half-watching) the past couple episodes. I sadly missed the Joey blowup.

Is that Reva chick (the one Greg and Will are passing back and forth) the poster child for low self esteem or what? I knew a lot of girls in college like that.

Speaking of poster children, Greg is a textbook definition of narcissism, with a dash of sociopathology. The creepy stuff with putting shit in people's beds, stealing underwear, all while knowing there are cameras everywhere? Geez.

9. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

God bless you for bumping this thread, Arnold. I didn't want to be the one to do it.

This is seriously the best season ever. Everyone is freaking loathsome in the house. Just hearing Kim open her mouth makes me want to kill myself.

Bunch of hypocrites, all of 'em. Brianna calling other females whores? Sarah getting pissy for getting her underwear stolen, when in the previous episode she took someone's crap out of the bathroom and hid it?

Greg, for all his narcissism and assholishness, seems to be the most "real" in the whole house.

Next week should be a riot.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Shit, if people can openly talk about American Idol and Survivor, no shame in talking about this garbage.

To me, Dave seems like the most "real" person. He's a dick, but fully admits it. He makes it clear to them that he's using women for sex, is upfront with people. Sad that an asshole like him is my favorite person on the show.

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Agreed with this post 100%. The thing is even though they are terrible people, they're not annoying in a Brooke from Denver way; they remain watchable.

I know they always edit the previews to make things look more dramatic than they are, but it certainly looks like there is a fight this week. That would push this show over the edge.

Greg is a complete sociopath. The way that he blatantly lied to Will about the underwear while coming clean about the other things being a prime example of that. And that chick Reva was a prime example of a two-face. She is really nothing special in the light of day.

I actually like Will the most. He seems like a decent guy, at least in comparison to the rest, though I'm probably for getting something awful he's done.

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Will is the most normal so far. Greg is a certified asshole. Brianna and Steroid Joe are so damaged that MTV should be ashamed these two even made one episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted