1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real World: HOLLYWOOD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Apr 25, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

So if you want to better know the real world, watch the "Real World"? Now there's some hard-core irony for ya.

2. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

RW: Los Angeles (second season)

Thoughts on the RW: Hollywood so far:

1. I'd give Sarah the herp in a split-second, but damn does she has commitment issues.
    2. Greg has the potential to be the greatest character ever on The RW. I have now taken to referring to slores as "associates" and lesser people as "peasants" because of him.
    3. I can't wait for roid-rage boy to go off the deep-end and start destroying things.
    4. Why does MTV have to keep reinforcing everyone's opinions that southerners have thick accents and are more racist than the average American?
    5. Kimberly really needs to get rid of that accent if she wants to be on TV. And her obsession with Lindsay Lohan is a little unhealthy.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I miss the Real World from the first four seasons or so, whenthey had 'real' people on there. People who had to find their own jobs, had their own interests, rather than just getting drunk, hooking up and getting into fights every night.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Actual exchange from the season premiere episode:

BRITTINI: I think Joey looks like a dark-haired Johnny Bravo.

KIMBERLY: But he's better looking that Johnny Bravo.

Just so you know, Johnny Bravo's a cartoon ...

[​IMG]

5. That's what I thought when I first heard her talk. That accent won't cut it outside of her region.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Actually, it won't even cut in her region ... unless she wants to do small-town radio ...

7. Yeah, I realized I wasn't clear enough. What I meant was, she has no chance of a real job outside of her region and will be severely limited even within it.
    People on the news don't have accents, and hers is about as thick as it comes.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'd go gay for Johnny Bravo. There I said it.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Slores? Is that a combination whore and slut? I call them skizos. Combination skank and hoe with a z thrown in there for no reason whatsoever.

10. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Someone else made the astute comment that Sarah is the worst kind of chick. She acts slutty, yet doesn't follow through on it, and still manages to surround herself with drama.

The worst guy on this cast, however, is Will. God, he needs to get into a severe car accident. He's getting into stalker territory with Sarah, and seems like the ultimate phony.

And agreed with the above poster that Greg rules, athough he toned down his act in the second episode. I definitely wanted more to hear more about his associates.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Greg strikes me as having whatever Rickey Williams had in terms of shyness around new people.
    And the clock is ticking on Joey Biceps, that guy is a volcano waiting to erupt. Classy move by the albino brinking back that man-whore back to the house. Loved his voice mail greeting.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Hey there hot mama, wanna do the monkey with me?

Draft saved Draft deleted